Best macro lens for mobile
I shared a bunch of macro photography ideas in my last blog post with different concepts as well.
while executing the macro photography ideas I used the best macro lens for mobile. and I actually used two macro lenses to get the best output from both macro lenses as I expected. and surprisingly both performed well but each macro lens has its own pros and cons we’ll discuss it in-depth further in this review article.
what is a macro lens?
the macro lens works with magnifying functions by moving closer to objects and producing high quality & detailed pictures when we using the external element as a lens for mobile or camera.
the Best macro lens for mobile is designed or manufactured based on focal length formula, we called it magnification or focus. in numeric language 2x, 24x, 0.33mm etc
why should I use an external macro lens for mobile?
without using an external macro lens to your mobile, probably you couldn’t get the detailed shot, and in macro photography and it leads to getting the noise picture (undetailed). in the mobile primary camera has some fixed focus length which the inbuilt mobile lens detects or recognizes the objects at some distance.
so for the best macro shots practice, you should use an external macro lens. always remember when you’re using a macro lens attach the macro lens clip to the primary camera.
from the last 2-3 years its became a trend for mobile camera technology and for the brands as well. all the mobile brands launching their mobiles by covering with minimum 3 different types of photography lens, like wide-angle, telephoto, and macro.
” according to the survey, form the last 2 years 63.7% buying a featured smartphone for usual purpose becomes buying a smartphone for the camera purpose”
and people confused when they’re using the macro lens by placing it on secondary cameras (wide-angle, telephoto, and macro.) instead of using a primary camera.
always use or attach your macro lens with the primary camera only. because the secondary cameras are not capable of and they don’t support for lens focal lens. ( except google pixel mobile cameras) the reason behind it is google gives all types of cameras in a single primary camera. that’s a great thing
if you’re using the lens for mobile in a built macro lens, the lens allows to capture the image, but using the macro lens with 2MP or 5MP doesn’t make sense. with noisy pictures.
best macro lens for a smartphone on a budget
there are many best macro lenses in the market. Here I’m talking about brands. Beginner macro-graphers don’t want to experiment with their skill in macro photography and can’t afford the high-cost lens like Moment lens which is a premium lens
and high-quality images producing lens compatible with all mobiles with smooth skin design. you don’t a high-cost lens to be a good macro photographer at the beginning.
you can go ahead with an apexel or signi SKYVIK Signi lens which around costs 2000/- (INR) or 27$ (USD) (apexel Kase Pro Lens or SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1.)
some more features like wide-macro, smooth design, and high-quality pictures with more magnification. Then start with (apexel 12/24x or SKYVIK SIGNI X 20x) which costs around 1000/- (INR) or 13.5$ (USD).
if you want to get a more affordable deal and some more features like wide-macro, smooth design, and high-quality pictures with more magnification. you can start with (apexel 12/24x or SKYVIK SIGNI X 20x) which costs around 1000/- (INR) or 13.5$ (USD).
which is the best macro lens for mobile? SKYVIK Signi or apexel
selecting the best macro lens for mobile from both above-mentioned lenses is the hardest part when you’re decided to buy a macro lens as a beginner.
because both lenses performed well and produced Quality pictures and we conclude the end of this article by comparing each lens of pros and cons
we start with the best macro lens for mobile in budget and then go far with a pro lens for macro photography.
apexel 12x/24x pros and cons
- apexel 12x/24x best budget lens for a beginner
- apexel allows you to capture with 24x zoom in the macro
- apexel comes with the size you carry where ever you want in your pocket apexel lens has an inbuilt plastic protector which helps you keep the front lens surface clean when you’re shooting the with 24x macro lens ( especially for water or drops subjects )
- apexel comes with a long universal clip which almost compatible with all mobile
- apexel 24x lens not compatible with one plus 7 and poco mobiles due to the primary camera given at the end for this both mobiles in the quad-camera design
- apexel produce heavy blur for 24x shots which effects the main object in the picture or image,
- when you are using a 24x lens black shadows appear on the screen on both sides ( to fix this you need to increase your digital zoom up to 1.3x on your mobile)
SKYVIK Signi 20x pros and cons
- skyvik 20x design looks super smooth
- skyvik 20x comes with a good quality bag and pouch package where you can keep your lens dustfree all time
- skyvik 20x also gives lens caps like DSLR even you can keep your lens surface clean too.
- skyvik 20x has a single lens variant and produces sharp and high-Quality images ( best bokeh creator with smooth blur
- skyvik 20x is carved from Aluminium Alloy and Coated glass to reduce reflections and light flares.
- skyvik 20x doesn’t have a secondary lens like apexel 12x
- skyvik 20x don’t have any protectors at the lens edge surface
- this lens Not Compatible with Oneplus 8 Pro & Poco X2.
- you can’t capture the object closer than 30mm and the far distance is 80mm
so after comparing these, all features side-by-side you can go ahead with apexel 12x/24x, or if you’re love to capture bokeh shots with smooth blur you can start your macro journey with the Best macro lens for mobile SKYVIK Signi 20x
so now let’s dive in for pro lens which gives multi-features in a single lens and of course output comes with high-quality pictures
compare the two pro lens Apexel 2in1 0.45x Wide Angle + 12.5x Macro Phone Lens and SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1 (Wide+Macro) have a look
first, we’ll start with pros and then covers its cons like how we mentioned above section and you can conclude yourself which is the best macro lens for mobile at the end of this article
Apexel 2in1 0.45x Wide Angle + 12.5x Macro Phone Lens with pros and cons
- the best lens for 1099/- with multi-features like macro+wide angle
- best light bokeh at outdoor and adjusting the blacks with great performance
- good quality package and designed with op-grade aluminum construction increases the durability of the product.
- 140 degrees of a super wide-angle lens with 0.45x zoom
- compatible with 98% of all mobiles
- apexel has only 12.5x lens when compared with SKYVIK Signi Pro macro lens
- apexel 2 in 1 is compatible with one plus 6t & 7 and poco X2
- apexel 2 in 1 has a small universal clip which is not compatible with the rest of 2% of mobiles like above mentioned
SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1 (Wide+Macro) with pros and cons
- SKYVIK Signi Pro lens comes with 15x macro lens 16.6% more when compared with Apexel 2in1
- SKYVIK Signi Pro has a pure wide-angle lens view with 0.45x zoom with any black vignette which 45% more when compared with Apexel 2in1
- SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1 (Wide+Macro) has a DSLR cap design with Aluminium Alloy and Coated glass to reduce reflections and light flares.
- SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1 has a bit more high priced than apexel 2 in 1
- this lens not compatible with Oneplus 8 Pro & Poco X2 smartphones
after completing the comparison war between apexel and skyvik lens for pro lenses. both lenses have the same features with similar differences.
in the pro lens to choose the best macro lens for mobile, if you’re a bokeh lover then go ahead with apexel 2 in 1 because apexel produces great bokeh and smooth blur with high picture quality in terms of a pro macro lens
you want to get the benefit of travel photography in terms of wide wide-angle along with macro photography it is good to go with SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1 (Wide+Macro). skyVik providing the best features in both lenses (Wide+Macro) with a good percentage of upgrade features.
After a side-by-side comparison which is the best macro lens for mobile you choose ?